Basic vs Advanced english

Hey guys. Read the paragraph given below.


This was the incident that happened yesterday. As usual, I went to Badminton class by my cycle. I played well and enjoyed the time. After the class, many of my friends left the class with their parents. My best friend Mrithun and I were left in the class. When we began to do the relaxing exercises, it suddenly started to drizzle which we didn't expect. I decided to go home immediately before it starts to rain. Cycling so fast, I reached my house. Once I went in, it was pouring down. I couldn't believe that I escaped because of my luck.


Now read the same incident with different words and phrases.


Yesterday was a challenging day. I had a ball in my badminton class. My best friend Mrithun was only left with me after the class as the others went home with their parents. He was waiting for his parents to come and pick him up. We both were talking about a bunch of things meanwhile it started to drizzle. I made up my mind to go home in a heartbeat. I was cycling at full tilt until I reached home. The next moment I went in, it was bucketing down. I struck it lucky and escaped.


 I have described the same incident in both basic and advanced English. Surely, you would notice advanced English phrases in the second paragraph. Let me show you the meanings of the phrases used.


PHRASES                MEANING


had a ball                 -      had a good time

made up my mind  -     decided

in a heart beat         -      immediately

at full tilt                   -     as fast as possible

bucketing down       -      raining heavily

struck it lucky           -      had good luck


That's all for today. If you want to improve your language, use advanced words and phrases instead of using basic words. Example:  Say "It's Sweltering" instead of saying "It's very hot"















Comments

  1. Great Achu... After reading the same incidents narrated in two different ways using unique phrases, i could smell the grip which have on the language, also you clearly informed the readers giving the meaning of the unique phrases which you used was the beauty of the article..... Keep going... Keep growing.. All the best. πŸ’πŸ’

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mind blowing AchuπŸ‘πŸ‘
    Appreciate your effortsπŸ‘
    Keep growing and learning .
    All the bestπŸ‘

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Trip to Yercaud

My magical videos

MAKING OF MY MUSIC VIDEO